It's getting cold here in SF and feels like fall is in the air. Finally! It's time to make the house warm and cozy and snuggle up on the couch with some cider. Below are a few of our favorite things to help you do that in style...
1. There is nothing better than curling up with a furry throw when it's blustery outside, and we love the warmth and texture they add to a space. Some of our favorite sources are OKL and West Elm where there are no shortage of options and usually on sale!
2. If faux fur just isn't your thing, this Etsy shop has some thick beautiful handmade wool throws straight from Uruguay.
3. Flameless candles have won us over! They are a great way to set a warm glow without the hassle or hazard of lighting a bunch of candles. These ones from Pottery Barn come fitted with a timer so you can set them for when the sun goes down. They're especially great for unused fireplaces. And notice these are suitable for outdoor use as well. Get some hurricanes and set them up on a table or hang them on branches. Even in cooler temps it's nice to enjoy an evening on the patio. And for those harder to reach places you can operate them with a remote.
4. All that said, it's also nice to have the real deal! This lovely gold 3 wick candle is long lasting so should make it through the holidays with it's subtle but festive scent.
5. Those big throws can't go everywhere with you but this versatile and silky soft cashmere scarf can.
6. Don't forget your feet! Lounging around home and enjoying your stylish digs is all the better when you're not walking around on any cold hardwood or tile. These Ugg Ansley slippers are soooo comfortable and plenty of great colors to choose from..
7. And speaking of feet, if you're stepping onto cold bare floors first thing in the morning consider treating yourself to a mini area rug to toss by the side of the bed. Makes for a softer start to the day! Something like this fringed flokati or a sheepskin work great and will add a nice touch to the bedroom without breaking the bank.
8. It's lovely to watch the leaves fall outside, but inside that doesn't have to be the case. Bringing in some life with a houseplant may not physically warm things up but it does make for a cozier atmosphere. One of our favorite plants is the fiddle leaf fig. Just make sure it gets some natural light or it will likely end up looking like the leafless trees outside.
9. Toss in a couple extra throw pillows here an there, and make sure there is some texture to them. The softer and fluffier the better, which is why we love sheepskin pillows.
10. And don't worry...if fur, real or fake, just isn't your thing then there are other great options to bring in that plush texture like this west elm shag lattice pillow or this big surya pillow from zinc door.